tinkering with old & new Mech sheets

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

tinkering with old & new Mech sheets

Post by Dart Omega » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:40 am

I hate the way the new one looks when it comes to the resigned damage keeper so I figured as much as I love the old one even I know one needs to move on but I couldn't so I figured what would happen if I merged them.

my group likes both and have been arguing over which is better so I came up with this compromise and thought I would see what you guys think.

so what do you all think?

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: tinkering with old & new Mech sheets

Post by Typhoon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:42 am

Dart Omega wrote:I hate the way the new one looks when it comes to the resigned damage keeper so I figured as much as I love the old one even I know one needs to move on but I couldn't so I figured what would happen if I merged them.
:lol: Why am I not surprised that you don't like the new one? Sometimes I think you are the curmudgeon's curmudgeon. I can just see you sitting at the gaming table, pencil in hand, saying "I remember the old days, they were just fine with us. We didn't have all these new fangled record sheets and we were okay with that. Why I remember the time I walked uphill, both ways, through the snow, just to copy my record sheets and get to a game."

Then you surprise me with "even I know one needs to move on". Whoa, where's Dart and what did you do with him? :mrgreen:

Dart Omega wrote: my group likes both and have been arguing over which is better so I came up with this compromise and thought I would see what you guys think.

so what do you all think?
I do prefer the newer ones. There are some great additions to them that the old ones really needed but lacked. I used the old ones a lot so the hold a lot of nostalgia for me.

Your combination looks good too. It's really a "six of one, half a dozen of the other" debate, in my opinion. Go with what works best for you.

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Typhoon you know me so well, lol
But yeah I figured as much as I love the old sheets sometimes one has to move on even if its by a little.

however I will never budge from only using BMR(R)and keeping the level system as it keeps everything stream line and don't need a ton of books to get what you actually need to play.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:59 am

Dart is more grognard than my friend Grognard.

I've still got my hand traced and photocopied Mech sheets from the early 90s.

Peaople are lazy and tend to forget: BT is designed as a beer-pretzels game that you can play with cardboard tokens.

Dart, my friend: stay true to the Original Writ... it is still better than most of the new stuff. :thumleft: :lol:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE