I think I've found my hexes

Show off your creative building skills, read how-to's and provide/receive construction help.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

foxbat
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

I think I've found my hexes

Post by foxbat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Terrain-Mats-GRASS-H ... 4a9e5fe9ae

Making terrain is one thing, making hexed terrain is another... I'd been using heroscape tiles for my hills, but the terrain base was not so good, as I can't seem to make acceptably straight & regular hexes for the life of me. So that ready made terrain for a very reasonable price was too good an offer to pass. Now that I've had my go at plundering their stockpile, I really have no longer an objection at sharing it with my fellow battletech players.
I haven't received them yet, but be sure I'll uodate you on them as soon as I do. :wink:
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm

These are made from a sheet of very thin matt plastic i bought the urban city street block about 6 months ago, they will do the job fine until you get that nagging feeling you have been ripped off for paying $12 plus postage for a sheet of plastic. :| zac

foxbat
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by foxbat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 am

eh eh, thanks Zac, I'll see. Now, I lmust say I'm really happyto heve found something that keeps me from needing to try again to make some hex terrain. I can make terrain OK, but well, making it with a hex grid is above me : too much uninteresting work to do. Oh, well... :wink:
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:14 am

A bit late in the day but here is the original link that i posted, i think it was early 09. zac
http://www.battletechuniverse.org/hpgup ... hp?t=15205